Symbios Integrative Health
Symbios Integrative is the contracted provider for Veterans Health Care Alliance. We proudly provide safe, modern, quality healthcare to all military service members, veterans, and their families, as well as all federal employees and civilian patients. At Symbios, we provide outpatient services toa ssist in alleviating the lengthy backog evident with the scheduling and wait times typically associated with federal healthcare plans and providers. Symbios provides safe and effective evidence-based quality healthcare with results unparalleled by traditional practices. Incorporating advanced technologies allows us to serve as a preeminent extremity and injury rehabilitation center. We also provide comprehensive specialized care for our veteran population suffering with depression and post-traumatic stress disorder. Symbios is proud to provide compassionate, patient-oriented healthcare to those who need us most: our military and families.
The Chronic Pain Epidemic
Over 70 million Americans suffer from chronic pain resulting in 515 million lost workdays a year, and costing over $100 billion (American Pain Association).
Challenge: Reducing The Cost While Improving Outcomes
Managing Chronic Pain cases is an enormous challenge. Current options are costly and usually only produce marginal results. The challenge to reduce soaring medical costs while improving outcomes must be achieved using evidence-based technology.
- FDA cleared for symptomatic relief of chronic intractable pain.
- Over 20 years of clinical expereicne treating thousands of patients.
- Non-addictive with no side effects.
Vecttor Is NOT a TENS
Vecttor treats systemically unlike TENS and other electrotherapy modalities which only treat locally. Proprietary protocols include specific electrode placement on the patients’ extremities, followed by unique frequencies of electrical current. electrical current accesses the autonomic nervous system via peripheral nerves. The current is dispersed through the autonomic nervous system creating concurrent polarity, thus normalizing neurotransmitter releases within the hypothalamus.
TENS treatmens are not labeled by the FDA for chronic pain. THE VECTTOR UNIT IS LABELED BY THE FDA FOR THE SYMPTOMATIC RELIEF OF CHRONIC INTRACTABLE PAIN. This is due to the increased electronic pulse duration created by Vecttor treatments as opposed to TENS.
Retrospective Study of 197 Chronic Pain Patients
The following results were achieved through a combination of clinical and. home treatments (all those who responded to clinical treatmens acquired a home unit and continued to treat at home):
- 33% reported total pain relief.
- An additional 58% reported mild to significant pain reduction.
- A total of 91% of participating patients experienced some or total pain relief.
- 83% maintained the same or greater levels of relief in the 90 days following clinical treatments (home tretments administered as needed on an indefinite basis in some cases).
- 70% reported a reduction in thier pain medications.
- 77% reported an improvement in sleep.
Study of 20 Perifpheral Neurophathy Patients
the following study results (published in the January 2002 American Journal of Pain Management) were achieved utilizing a one treatment per day protocol rather than theusual twice a day treatment.
- 50% reported total pain relief (as long as they continued to treat athome on a daily or on an as needed basis).
- An additional 35% showed an improvement of 45% or greater in pain scores.
- A total of 85% of participating patients experienced some or total pain relief (through a combination of clinicla and home treatments).
- 40% were able to significantly reduce their medications.
- 80% reported an improvement in sleep.
- 80% reported an overall improvement in their quality of life. It hsoudl be noted that the Vecttor treatments are designed to create neuropeptides. These neuropeptides normalize the circulation which has been altered by the chronic pain cycle. In the perifpheral neuropahty study, digital temperature gradients were obtained which showed normalization with tretment. This indicates that vasoliating neuropeptides such as vasoactive intestinal polypeptide and calcitonin gene-related peptide were being created by the Vecttor treatments. These nuropeptides have alifetime os less than 24 hours. Therefore, even thoughe xcellent resuls were obtained urign that study, better results could haveb eneen obtained if the treatmetns were administeded twice daily. With twice daily treatments, patients report decreased pain, therefore, decreasing their need fo rmedication whcih also decreases the long-term cost of treatment. As the treatments proceed and the paitent is able todcreas the narcotic analgesics, the treatment become much more effective.
Candidates For Vecttor
The FDA has allowed the labeling of the Vecttor for the symptomatic relief of chronic intractable pain. During worldwide use of this device, it has been found to be effective in the following conditions.
- Headaches (including migraine headaches)
- Spinal Stenosis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Upper and Lower Body Sprains and Strains
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy aka Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
- Arthritis (Osteoarthritis and Rehumatoid arthritis)
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
- Back Pain (mid and lower, both acute and chronic)
- Temporal Mndibular Joint Disorder
- Sciatic Pain
- Various forms of pelvic inflammations (including premenstrual syndrome and endometriosis)
- Crush Injuries
- Necrotic Ulcerations
- GERD / Acid Reflux
- Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome
- Chondromalacia of the Patella
- Digestive system problems such as Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Diarrhea and Constipation
- Neurogenic Dermatitis
- Chronic aliments of any nature
All Rights Reserved:
Veterans Healthcare Alliance 2021